Re: [LUG] Scottish libraries lending OpenOffice Cds

On Friday 19 December 2003 20:09, paul wrote:
> I don't think they just want us to burn loads of cd's off and give them to
> the libraries, as there is potential problems, i.e virus infections etc.  I
> will e-mail Bob Kerr and find out what we can do.
>
> Paul

This sounds like an exelent idea! , I am up for helping in Cornwall. If you
lead the way with Devon you can let the rest of us know the correct
procedures for doing this.

I also think that a flood of CD's would not be helpful and in the first
instance a small number of highly usefull CD's would be the way forward. My
First thoughts are openoffice (windows+linux version) and a knoppix type
linux distro.

Robin