Re: [LUG] IBM draws first blood in SCO Linux battle

On Monday 08 December 2003 23:38, Simon Waters wrote:
> Jon Lawrence wrote:
> > SCO will pay the ultimate price for being complete arseholes
> > hopefully, and that price will be IBM taking complete and utter
> > control of their company as there's no way they'll be able to raise
> > enough cash to pay for bills.
>
> Thing is apart from a fairly broad customer base of old x86 servers, SCO
> is worth nothing but it's software licences.

There is a distinct need for a ready solution - with support to
commercially credible levels - for any company or SME that depends on a
SCO server and is worried about SCO going away.

Linux for preference I'd say.

The alternative would be that NT sellers would be clustering around, ready
to re-engineer them at I expect a larger price.

Do we have that, locally?

--
Dr Adrian Midgley          I use Free software because it is better
http://www.defoam.net/    They carefully didn't ask.