Re: [LUG] gnoppix/debian modem probs

On Thursday 16 Oct 2003 8:56 am, Roland Tarver wrote:
> I re-ran pppconfig and created a new isp.
> than I did
> pon ispname
> the modem dials the number but as soon as it's finished dialing it hangs
> up. There does not appear to be any negotiation at all with the isp?

I had that problem with debian. I had to change an option in the ppp config
file by hand.

It was a option that send an authentation signal to the isp. Can`t remember
the exact option. try `man ppp` and look for something that fits.

I think what is happening is the modem get a connection and the isp is waiting
for your computer to send something to the isp, your computer doesn`t, and
after a while it logs you off.

Hope this helps as i don`t use debian at the moment, but i dabbled for a
while, then back to RedHat.

Mike