Re: [LUG]: ECDL: easing the task

It seems reasonable to assume that on Monday 29 September 2003 15:33, Paul
M wrote:

> The intention is to release the course notes under the
> Creative Commons Share Alike license and go on to develop this further.

> Make me wonder if it would be possible to get ECDL Accreditation for
> courseware developed and released  under an open source like model.

I have no doubt at all that it is possible.
I believe it would be essential to indicate in them that other GUIs on
other operating systems have variations, and concentrate on the underlying
principles - principles on a practical level I mean - making reference to
the Mac and to MS windows.   "Outlook is rather like Evolution, but has
the following significant differences".

Whether we are yet at the point where there is a good business in it I am
less sanguine.
--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/