Re: [LUG] CSS reference extended, as requested

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:06:04 +0100, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
> Okay, so it's "forbidden" to use tables for page layout, but what *real*
> reasons are there for doing everything in CSS?

It is for semantics. I can't be bothered to explain. Separating style
from content. You may find it difficult to understand. Think
accessibility.
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/05/05/why_we_wont_help_you.html

> How about when I pick up a magazine?  Why would I choose the magazine over the
> same information printed in a book?

I don't quite understand your point.

> /me hears a "because you're a shallow and unintelligent lifeform"-type answer
> on it's way

Read and learn before dropping comments like that. It is as ignorant as
saying; "well I have Windows here, why should I install that Linux
thing?"

-Kai