Re: [LUG] Lib Dem MP view on needs for public sector IT support

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:15:13 +0100, Brough, Tom wrote:
> Solutions ?
> I think we need to cut out the middle men and pay the programmers to provide
> truely 100% open source solutions directly tailored to the needs of the
> public sector. Not free as in bear (quite the opposite I would imagine) but

I am not sure you can just directly pay opensource programmers. You do
need those middle men. Not maybe the middle men you are talking about. I
am talking about Business entrepreneurs&managers. Opensource programmers
can and should make a living through our market economy.

> Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
> and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
> this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.

That disclaimer infuriates me. Could you not post from another mail
account?  You really shouldn't have post this message through your
employer's network !

Show us some of your admin skills and mail from your *own* box via ssh.
Firewall? Use httptunnel.

-Kai