Re: [LUG] Simultaneous Gnome and KDE Desktops?

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 6:35 pm, Daniel Prisk wrote:
> > 	While using KDE I idly clicked on Gdict, which crashed,
> > 	and up popped the Gnome panel covering the KDE panel.
> > 	Now I have the KDE and Gnome panels simultaneously
> > 	on KDE!!
> > 	Logging in and out merely brings up the combined desktops.
> >
> > 	Any ideas how to remove the Gnome panels (apart from
> > 	hiding them) so I log into KDE only?
>
> I seem to remember reading something about this in the recent issue of
> Linux Magazine. Unfortunatly I'm not at home at the moment but I'll have a
> look when I get back tomorrow and let you know if noone else has solved
> this by then.
>
> Dan

Cheers Dan
	I've found the reference to this problem in the forum
	pages on the LXF site. I'll check it out tomorrow and
	let you know what I've gleaned from it

Keith
--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR\nwith 384MB RAM and 20GB
Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail