RE: [LUG] knoppix

	>I'm not sure there is much need to. It's a lot harder to do damage
	a Linux machine by being able to run arbitary programs than is the
	case with Windows.

I am in agreement with you, however Howard would prefer not to have the "Run
Program" option appear on the menu. Since he is the one thats going to have
to mop up the mess, if something does go wrong I would like to at least give
him the option (which apparently doesnt seem to be configurable without
touching the source). I can understand anyone who has to administer
something new to them not wanting to open it up until they where confident
they could release it to a wider community.

Its strange that, you can configure the menus, themes and all sorts in
gnome, but I cant find any options to switch off "Run Program".

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.