RE: [LUG] knoppix: schools

>Am I right in understanding you were doing this in your own time Tom?
>Seems disappointing it isn't part of your job yet if that is the case.

Sadly you are correct on all accounts, support for schools is now outsourced
to SCOMIS. Although I like spending my own time trying to "persuade the
masses" to convert to linux, it would be nice if it was an official roll as
it would get more value from my Unix/Linux "Skills", and maybe good
publicity for the Council. I can to a certain extent understand the Councils
position as they dont need any egg of their face if it all goes pear shaped.

However I am optimistic that if we do get something working for schools in
Torbay, there will be more demand and if there is more demand from the
schools for linux support the council will have to re-evaluate its position.
I dont tend to force things, just wait patiently for the inevitable and keep
developing my skill base in the mean time.

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.