RE: [LUG] knoppix: schools

>Office of Fair Trading probes microsoft and schools

Hmm... I thought Microsoft had back peddled on that clause (at least this is
what prompted the K12LSTP project in portland, and then Microsoft back
peddled when they realised that they where going to loose a big customer
(too late) ), or have MS only back peddled in the good old US of A. OK MS
FUD methods are up and running again. Still yet another reason to convert to
OSS, or are Microsoft now claiming that a machine thats running Linux could
potentially be running Microsoft and therefore you pay a licence fee (just
in case you are mad enough to reinstall & run MS). So maybe Ford should
charge Toyota drivers a fee, just in case you feel like installing a Ford
engine in a Toyota. Fetch Bill I feel like a public lynching ;-)

As an aside you can run sound from server to thin client (although I have
not configured this myself), you can also set up remote web-cams (again
something I have not tried due to lack of hardware) and remote "Jet Direct"
compatible network printing. I wouldnt like to say how much load these
various technologies puts on the network but I would suspect that it would
be quite severe in the case of the web-cam ;-).

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council