Re: [LUG] just saying hello

> Welcome to the list!

 Thankyou for the welcome

> Bah! Another broadband user bragging again. Tcch. I've gotta wait for the next
> LinuxFormat DVD for Mandrake9.1

 Not bragging honest...

> Most Linux distros don't - Sun insists on a restrictive licence and don't
> allow magazines to have Java on a cover disc either. Without ADSL, I haven't
> had Java on any machine for over 2 years now. It's simply too big to
> download. Haven't missed it yet.

 Only got it to see how easy the installation would be, that was one of
the things that i was most scared of, installing bits and pieces from
other sources, well that and the command line.

> Don't worry, this isn't off topic - it's what the list was designed to
> achieve: communication between Linux users new and old.

Well thanks again for the welcome, just doing a little light reading
"THE LINUX BIBLE" to be followed by "COMPLETE LINUX" with a little
"IDIOTS GUIDE TO LINUX" thrown in for good measure, think i should stick
to the last one for now.

Andrew