[LUG] realplayer hi-speed

I wonder if anyone has been able to get realplayer for linux to connect to
broadband content.

Have installed Suse 8.2 the other day from iso's and can connect up to the
bbc news content.

The link for broadband opens up some kind up java console which I can't get
to work.

In windows I can choose to play the clip in a seperate player instead of the
browser window.

Even copying the url link and pasting that directly into the location
windows I get the connecting message but nothing happens.

As I say the 56K content will play ok but this doesn't look too good full
screen when taking advantage of a cable connection.
All the setting are set up in realplayer for a high speed link.

As an aside I also have mplayer and have installed win32 codecs to the
correct folder.
I am trying to play content from www.thebasement.com.au following the
instructions for linux users but no joy.

Is there anyone else using mplayer who might be able to give this a go and
report how they get on ?

The stream is available as broadband,56K and audio only.

Thanks.

Ray