Re: Meeting ideas was Re: [LUG] Re: Meeting

Simon Waters wrote:

We could even meet without an Internet connection if people can get their fix of software. I'd thought of house meetings recently, or even a LUG hike out on the moors, with appropriate lunchtime pitstop of course.

You mean like these silly Linux Beer Hike things they have on the continent? Could be fun! ;-)

Was there a barbeque mentioned once? If the weather holds and the clocks go forward, that could start an almost lazy Sunday afternoon feeling.

Yeah, that was originally Rick's idea, with the intention of it being held at SuperTramp. If I remember, ST weren't overly keen on having us.....

However, this also sounds like a great idea! I could potentially get us a venue for this near Exeter (for free) during the summer. I might even be able to get an internet connection too (only ISDN, but better than none).

David.

--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only being able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.