Re: [LUG] Please excuse the silliness

On Friday 28 March 2003 11:03, Simon Waters wrote:

> I suspect Penguins are highly unsuitable for use as a data link layer,
> not least the jitter caused by Killer Whales, not to mention the packet
> loss.

This was one of our conclusions. Although they may be mildly more efficient
over short distances (say with purely a LAN implementation).

I believe we eventually decided the ultimate in silliness would be to install
Gentoo via gentooCPIP, although I suspect they would have released about 3 or
4 major revisions before you had finished the first rsync.

I still have images of dressing a whole group of geeks in penguin suits and
making them run around with bits of rolled up "data" ::grin::

> Do we have to wait till the 1st then?

Wait until the first? I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow.

Dan

--
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

	Salvor Hardin