[LUG] Web-based application

Posted by "Charles Howard" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I wrote an Access database that is used by about 10 franchisees for a company based in Devon. It is now three years old and not good enough. The company wants to move to a web-based database and I've been asked to help. They are looking at a PHP-based solution, but I would prefer them to go for Java, JSP, JSTL.

I am looking for an experienced Java developer or company to manage the project, preferably based in the S-W. The project needs to be completed by end September 2003.
I would appreciate any recommendations.

Things I think I want:
UML-based analysis phase.
3 or n-tier model with proper MVC design.
Super-reliable hosting.
Personal involvement as an intermediate Java programmer.

At a meta-level: how do I assess the abilities of the developers/companies who apply? Sensible questions, tests etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Charlie Howard
--

Generated by the contributors page