Re: [LUG] Unix file system folder limits

>From bill@xxxxxxxx

Having been involved with many similar projects my comments are as follows:

At these volumes I would always use a data base as an index (NOT to store the documents these can be dispersed anywhere) This quantity of documents in a file system will almost certainly cause problems.

Potrtability is not an issue provided the system is properly structured could run on any front end with data on any back end system.