Re: [LUG] synaptic

Michael Chidley wrote:
On Sunday 23 March 2003 18:20, Neil Stone wrote:

Michael Chidley wrote:

I`ve got a problem with synaptic that i can`t seem to figure out what is
wrong. I`m using RedHat 8 and have apt-rpm and synaptic installed.

When I click on a package to update in synaptic and then to `proceed`
then the program exits and a error message comes up with `unknown error`.
I have tried re-installing synaptic but the same problem occurs...

apt-rpm still seems to work as i can update packages on the command line.

i.e apt-get install xine

works fine...

Any ideas

does apt-get update work ok from command line ?

Neil

Seems to work fine.....

Mike

how about trying this...

open an xterm
run synaptec from there
when it crashes, see if there are any error messages dumped to the xterm

I have found this works for some applications when they crash.. then fizing them is easy ;-)

Neil

Flash on telnet://TR3.Org:3000