[LUG] synaptic

I`ve got a problem with synaptic that i can`t seem to figure out what is
wrong. I`m using RedHat 8 and have apt-rpm and synaptic installed.

When I click on a package to update in synaptic and then to `proceed` then the
program exits and a error message comes up with `unknown error`. I have tried
re-installing synaptic but the same problem occurs...

apt-rpm still seems to work as i can update packages on the command line.

i.e apt-get install xine

works fine...

Any ideas

Mike