Re: [LUG] Unix file system folder limits

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Bill Wilson wrote:
> We are 80% thropugh writing a complete document / image management
> system which would allow indexing for fast searches on the documents. No
> problems with 1 million records we recently tested a system with 42
> million records with sub second searches.

I don't think this is an answer to the question.

If rob is using postgres he can just plug in any of a handful of search
engines pretty easily.

More importantly it doesn't answer the problem of serving the content,
only searching it.

The best bet in this situtation is a mix of dynamic and static content
using a trade off of memory/space consumption versus updates and speed.

regards,

A.