Re: [LUG] Unix file system folder limits

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:28:21PM +0000, Bill Wilson wrote:

> We are 80% thropugh writing a complete document / image management
> system which would allow indexing for fast searches on the documents. No
> problems with 1 million records we recently tested a system with 42
> million records with sub second searches.

I should hope so too :)

What type of searching do you offer?

> We are a commercial software house so licence fees apply but we would be
> prepared to put an attractive proposition together for a reference site.

Not making it Open Source then?

> We have been in the business for over 30 years woprking on similar
> systems so we know what we are doing.

*wink*

Whilst we're here, I work with data mangement and IR too. I'd be
interesting in hearing what's under the hood, how extensible it is and
how easy it is to hook into.

Steve