Re: [LUG] GnuPG and OE

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 18:39, Neil Williams wrote:

> On Sunday 09 Mar 2003 6:21 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:
> > How do i read your message attachment, I am still stuck with outlook under
> > windows 98,  it won't let me open it.
> >
> > thanks
>
> The attachment is Peter's PGP signature MIME attachment, Paul. Outlook/OE
> don't recognise the attachment (although there is a GnuPG client for Win32 I
> did download it once but I didn't get around to installing it). At least you
> can still read the message in OE, I had problems with even opening the
> message!
If you need a PGP client for windows use the freeware PGP. So long as
you are using it for non commercial reasons
(http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgp/versions/freeware/) you're OK. If you
need/want it to integrate with OE/outlook/eudora don't use version 8.
Version 8 needs to be licensed before you can install the mail plugins.

HTH
Jon