Re: [LUG] VIRUS WARNING

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 08:44:29PM -0000, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Thought this may be of interest to users
>
> http://old.linuxworld.com.au/news.php3?nid=2020&tid=2

There seems to be more speculation than fact, and there's little hard
evidence that this virus writer can do what he says he can do.
Nevertheless, it's all perfectly possible, AFAIK.

> Ok we are a LUG,  but I am stuck with Windows for internet use at present,

Is that a winmodem problem?

> but with a war 10 days away,  regardless of the UN, we should be careful and
> batten down the hatches as they say.

I hope the principal DNS-servers won't be caught out this time.

Has anybody warned the Pentagon yet? ;-)

Anyway, I thought I'd pipe up in an off-topic thread, having failed to
find anything useful to say since I joined, just to let you all know I'm
reading everything with interest.

--
PJR :-)
http://www.pjr-online.co.uk/