Re [LUG] Transfer of old files

Simon wrote:-

Envelopes - isn't that what MTA's are for

Sorry I should have been more explicit : Envelopes are not part of the problem in KWord for me . Its the labelling facility I find lacking. I need to be able to print just one label on an Avery Sheet on a specific column & row and occasionally a complete sheet of the same label. Will have a look at Open Office to see if it will do. D. Faure (kde org) suggested a workaround using template to overcome the difficulty but it was far too longwinded for my taste.

Kai: sorry to read of your envelope printing difficulties. Its ironic that I use a very ancient Tally T7010 printer and this copes with envelopes admirably. My son has state of the art ,all singing all dancing , very expensive printer which should really have label stating "Envelope Shredder" cos thats what it does very efficiently.

Thank you both for suggestions.
Bfn  Phil