Re: [LUG] Business Link

Simon Waters wrote:

Just had a curious call from Wessex Business link, who are putting out feelers to local LUGs.

Nick and Dave be prepared.

Ahh, wondered what that was about. I'll probably speak to him tomorrow...

Looks like their IT people got together and collectively want to see if more can be done for SME with Linux

Help with venues came up as a possible topic, as well as
supplying speakers (I can see Rick being in demand), although as
part of Wessex BL they are probably looking to work with Dorset
LUG first (Dorset LUG masterminded National Linux Days 2001, and
2002, but have bowed out of organising it this year AFAIK).

Sounds like a good excuse to contact the local business link
again, see how they are, remind them we exist.

Anyone else in touch still, I think Nick Kew had some contacts?
I can't believe Bill won't also have had contacts?

This all sounds very promising, but as you say, this is Wessex Business Link.
We should work on D&C Business Link... have people tried them before?

This sounds like a time to throw an idea at the group. Currently we have two groups, effectively performing the same function.
I was thinking about the possibility of rather than merging the two groups as has been discussed, maybe we could form a Business LUG and a normal LUG?
At the very least, the world's first (as far as I can tell) specifically Business orientated LUG should get a fair bit of press...

What do people think?

David.