Re: [LUG] howto sync two files (mbox)

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 12:57:46AM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> Thus I use "rsync -az / backup:/linux1 -e /usr/local/bin/ssh" as
> a quick and dirty backup of a whole disk, if yesterdays backup
> is there it need only send changes across - note not a
> differential backup which typically copies a whole file even if
> only one byte changed! Note also the ease it sends it encrypted
> (handy for wireless LAN's).

On the subject of backup. What command line do you recommend for a
differential backup? I want to setup something to backup my mail
periodically. I guess that is that important stuff I have.

> Your approach to syncronisation looks very crude - what are you
> synchronising and why?
> I guess rsync is a misnomer, think "better-rcp"

I want to sync two mbox files across a couple of my shells. :)

e.g.
~/Mail/sent-mail-01-2003

Btw, the way mozilla is quoting with | sucks. And it shouldn't gpg sign
inline, but as an attachment.

I love mutt. :)

-Kai