Re: [LUG] howto sync two files (mbox)

Kai Hendry wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 12:57:46AM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
>
> On the subject of backup. What command line do you recommend for a
> differential backup? I want to setup something to backup my mail
> periodically. I guess that is that important stuff I have.

I rarely recommend differential backups - too risky for most
purposes.Although I use the one given to make ad-hoc backups of
my own files for the purposes of having a copy on disk if I
screw up.

>>Your approach to syncronisation looks very crude - what are you
>>synchronising and why?
>>I guess rsync is a misnomer, think "better-rcp"
>

> I want to sync two mbox files across a couple of my shells. :)
>
> e.g.
> ~/Mail/sent-mail-01-2003

IMAP4?

> Btw, the way mozilla is quoting with | sucks.

Actually mozilla was attempting to use flowed-text which you
should be able to configure Mutt to handle fine, and have Mutt
display it with your prefered quoting character, but I'll try
switching it off for those with less advanced mail clients.

Maybe things get tangled with the PGP-Inline?

> And it shouldn't gpg sign
> inline, but as an attachment.

Hmm, Enigmail is suppose to try an establish if the recipient
can understand PGP/MIME before sending PGP/MIME. I can make it
the default if you think everyone understand PGP/MIME these days?

> I love mutt. :)

What version? The screenshots all show some nice sensible menus
but the Mutt with Debian stable looks like Elm having a bad day,
if I fire it up to have a play. Plugging in my own Perl LDAP
handler looks simple enough, but I'm too old to learn arbitary
key strokes.

I try the "send PGP/MIME" button to see if it makes Kai happy.