Re: [LUG] Scanner access not easy

Many thanks for the input folks,  I have just managed to boot the server
and get scan data over the network without any further intervention so I
will consider it a success for now and go home.
For the record I put the following at the end of /etc/modules.conf
       "alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x"
       "options scsi_hostadapter io=0x340 irq=11"

and just to make sure I put "modprobe scsi_hostadapter" into the start
script of /etc/init.d/sane which gets executed when entering runlevel 3
just to set permissions on the scan device.  I don't know if this latter
was really needed but I'll test that tomorrow.

Thanks again

Tony