Re: [LUG] thin clients: silent, right?

Thin clients costing around £200-250 provide 16 bit colour, print server and NO NOISE.

Kegs wrote:
On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 14:58, dbatho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If you wish a PC with quite components go visit www.quietpc.com,
replacement for moving fans etc.

I can thoroughly recommend the Zalman Flower heatsinks that Quietpc
import, I fitted one to my puter and now it is very nearly as quiet as a
laptop.

And AFAIK if you use a PC with one of the Via CPUs they don't requir a
fan at all, if fact I don't think they even require a heatsink, but
ICBW.

Adrian Midgley wrote:
Thin clients for X or for that matter MS' windowing GUI don't have a fan
in,
am I right?

***** YLEM DISCLAIMER  *****

To obtain a copy of Ylem's email disclaimer ring 01398 323146
intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)

Lynx friendly