Re: [LUG] Scanner access not easy

Have you tried passing the interrupt and io address settings as arguments to
modprobe?

i.e. "modprobe aha152x irq=11, io=0x340"

It is better to debug modules from the command line using "modprobe" (to load)
and "rmmod" (to remove modules). Once you have found the correct parameters
to pass to modprobe you can modify "/etc/modules.conf".

You shouldn't really have to modify boot.local to load modules, all the
configuration should be done in "/etc/modules.conf"

It may be worth while reading the documentation on the device driver. Have a
look at  "/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/README.aha152x". Also see
"/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt".

best regards....