Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002

On Wednesday 09 Oct 2002 6:09 pm, Neil Maskell wrote:
Hey guys.

What time are you going to present the talk thing?

How's this for a timetable? If other presenters would prefer a better slot
(late arriving / need to leave early etc.) that's fine - this is just off the
cuff.

Only the start time is sort of fixed, the rest will depend on overruns,
underruns.

11:30 -ish am Bill Wilson (ylem) to setup the OHP and
       Neil Williams to setup laptop for morning presentation. (Bill,
       let me know if this won't be possible please.)
       Others who want to use a laptop for presentation rather than
       existing acetates on the OHP, may also like to arrive early.

12pm : Registration (an excuse to get to know who's arrived) and
       beginning the raffle - selling tickets etc.

12:15 pm : Start the GnuPG key signing (to continue through the day)
       Would members unable to bring a Linux laptop please bring
       a printed copy of your public key fingerprint?
       Use
$ gpg --fingerprint yourkeyID > mykey.asc
or
$ gpg --fingerprint yourkeyID > lp
if you have a local printer setup.

12:30 pm : Neil Williams, Overview of PHP

1:00 pm : Adrian Midgley, Open Source Medical

1:30 pm : Rick Timmis on SuperTramp

2:00 pm : lunch

3:00 pm : Bill Wilson, Businesses migrating to Linux

3:30 pm : Neil Williams, Overview of XML

4:00 pm : Raffle draw.
Prizes:
Schmugg CD(s),
A fully licensed copy of Win4Lin,
Debian 3.0 (can't remember who offered that),
Bottle of wine from Bill Wilson
Super Tramp Sweatshirt
Matt Lee mentioned a hacker Video.
+anything I can get from RedHat or anyone else.
+ Simon can probably find a decent bottle of Whisky lurking to
       donate..... so bring plenty of cash.

At any point, :
<quote>
Rick, I'll be bringing a machine along and if you wish, we could go
through the installation and configuration of each with RPM.
Or we could do Apache2 + PHP installation and configuration from sources
if you'd prefer...
David.
</quote>

Justin, (Powell) you mentioned a presentation on Apache using slides from a
previous meet, are you able to attend St. Austell and would you still like to
make a presentation?

Hi Guys

I suggested 12 to the landlord but I am sure we can go earlier. Everybody
who
is setting up ok with 11am onwards?

I'll be there for around 11am.

- --