Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002

Neil Williams wrote:
| On Wednesday 09 Oct 2002 6:09 pm, Neil Maskell wrote:
|
|>Hey guys.
|>
|>What time are you going to present the talk thing?
|

| How's this for a timetable? If other presenters would prefer a better slot
| (late arriving / need to leave early etc.) that's fine - this is just
off the
| cuff.
|
| Only the start time is sort of fixed, the rest will depend on overruns,
| underruns.
|
| 11:30 -ish am Bill Wilson (ylem) to setup the OHP and
|       Neil Williams to setup laptop for morning presentation. (Bill,
|       let me know if this won't be possible please.)
|       Others who want to use a laptop for presentation rather than
|       existing acetates on the OHP, may also like to arrive early.
|
| 12pm : Registration (an excuse to get to know who's arrived) and
|       beginning the raffle - selling tickets etc.
|
| 12:15 pm : Start the GnuPG key signing (to continue through the day)
|       Would members unable to bring a Linux laptop please bring
|       a printed copy of your public key fingerprint?
|       Use
| $ gpg --fingerprint yourkeyID > mykey.asc
| or
| $ gpg --fingerprint yourkeyID > lp
| if you have a local printer setup.
|
| 12:30 pm : Neil Williams, Overview of PHP
|
| 1:00 pm : Adrian Midgley, Open Source Medical
|
| 1:30 pm : Rick Timmis on SuperTramp
|
| 2:00 pm : lunch
|
| 3:00 pm : Bill Wilson, Businesses migrating to Linux
|
| 3:30 pm : Neil Williams, Overview of XML
|
| 4:00 pm : Raffle draw.
| Prizes:
| Schmugg CD(s),
| A fully licensed copy of Win4Lin,
| Debian 3.0 (can't remember who offered that),
| Bottle of wine from Bill Wilson
| Super Tramp Sweatshirt
| Matt Lee mentioned a hacker Video.
| +anything I can get from RedHat or anyone else.
| + Simon can probably find a decent bottle of Whisky lurking to
|       donate..... so bring plenty of cash.
|
| At any point, :
| <quote>
| Rick, I'll be bringing a machine along and if you wish, we could go
| through the installation and configuration of each with RPM.
| Or we could do Apache2 + PHP installation and configuration from sources
| if you'd prefer...
| David.
| </quote>
|
| Justin, (Powell) you mentioned a presentation on Apache using slides
from a
| previous meet, are you able to attend St. Austell and would you still
like to
| make a presentation?
|

|>Hi Guys
|>
|>I suggested 12 to the landlord but I am sure we can go earlier. Everybody
|>who
|>is setting up ok with 11am onwards?
|

| I'll be there for around 11am.

Anyone from Exeter wanna pic up the Debian CD's !! I can no longer make
the meet as I will likley be test riding a few bikes... and recovering
from a hangover the size of manahtten. I am having a b'day bash on
Friday... Anyone wanna come, Exeter based ?

Anyway, if someone wants to get in touch to take the CD's down i'll
happily read up the notes at some point...

Neil