Re: [LUG] New to list

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 23:25, graham.collins6@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've had headaches getting X to work with the Intel i830 graphics chip on said
laptop,
manufactured by Ergo (who haven't replied to my email yet) but I have heard that
SuSE
is pretty good at  hardware recognition. Basically I'm after convenience - I just
want the laptop to work without too much faff, so I can get on with the tinkering
thing
on my desktop machine. Any ideas?

I installed redhat linux, including X, onto an Ergo laptop some time
ago. Redhat 7.2 I think, it went on with no real problems. I think the
only one I had was that you couldn't use the cd-drive and the floppy
drive at the same time, but I had to start the installation using the
floppies. Anyway, it all worked fine.

Welcome to the list.

John.