Re: [LUG] ADSL (wasn't anything to do with anything else)

Am I the only one that thinks BT should just get on with it and upgrade
all
the exchanges?

I can sympathise with their assertion that some exchanges would never be
cost effective but I get rather exasperated when I see £1million Ads on
the TV telling me to sign up to a service that doesn't exist because all
the budget was spent on filming the Ads!

Surely the busy metropolian exchanges would generate enough revenue to
cover the costs of rural exchanges in the long term? This is where Oftel &
the Government should step in with a baseball bat rather than cash
subsidies - the new public sector broadband initiative is a good starting
point and sure to kickstart a number of new exchanges.

Overall I'm optomistic. Long term, things will improve as long as we all
keep shouting loud enough...

Mart