Re: [LUG]

Ray Smith wrote:

in fact I've had a bit of fun sending out mail from the command line which
has come through with my ipadress in the header and from Ray Smith as
Mandrak set up the connection and also when setting say to mrmond@xxxxxxxxxx
then when the email arrived that is where it says it originated from.

You seem to be confusing hostname with what goes as the sender
address of an e-mail, which is rarely hostname.

Mandrake ships with Postfix, and /etc/postfix/main.cf is well
commented, just edit where it says and "postfix reload", or if
you are using a mail client that sends SMTP directly to your ISP
mail servers check the settings in the mail client.