Rick

David Johnson wrote:

Terence McCarthy wrote:

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:56:27 +0000
"justin.powell1" <justin.powell1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was going to come down to St Austell for the meeting, but living just >North of Exeter I would favour it's relocation.

Can we have a head-count for St Austell or Exeter as a preferred venue this time round? This is not about a "democratic" decision, as about the practical problems of having a meeting in any given place (I'd like East Ogwell- where?). Clearly we can't please us all, all of the time.

As I've said (as have several others) I'd prefer Exeter, but will travel (and share costs) to St Austell.

After this meeting, perhaps someone could design and administer a survey of LUG members about meetings (venue(s), frequency, and other preferences, etc.,). I'd be happy to do this should no-one else volunteer, and you all (or most!) think it could be useful.

This might include collecting additional data such as "added value" options or advantages such as free accommodation, or other inducements.

What do people think?

Terence

I think that's a great idea, count me in if I can help at all.
If we can get an idea of how many people live where, we can do what has been suggested before and get a timetable produced for meetings and hopefully, plan so that most people will get a regular, local meeting.

I suggest that we stick with St. Austell for this one, as we can always meet in Exeter next time.

David.