Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002 + Member Survey

On Monday 25 Nov 2002 8:13 pm, David Johnson wrote:
Terence McCarthy wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:56:27 +0000

"justin.powell1" <justin.powell1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was going to come down to St Austell for the meeting, but living just
North of Exeter I would favour it's relocation.

Can we have a head-count for St Austell or Exeter as a preferred venue
this time round? This is not about a "democratic" decision, as about the
practical problems of having a meeting in any given place (I'd like East
Ogwell- where?). Clearly we can't please us all, all of the time.

St. Austell please. (But I can and will still attend if in Exeter.)

As I've said (as have several others) I'd prefer Exeter, but will travel
(and share costs) to St Austell.

After this meeting, perhaps someone could design and administer a survey
of LUG members about meetings (venue(s), frequency, and other
preferences, etc.,). I'd be happy to do this should no-one else
volunteer, and you all (or most!) think it could be useful.

Sounds like a job for the DCLUG website members area.

Does it have to be private or should these type of arrangements be moved onto
the public part of the DCLUG website? The Register itself can remain password
protected, the survey and results can be separate if people want it that way.

This might include collecting additional data such as "added value"
options or advantages such as free accommodation, or other inducements.

What do people think?

Terence

I think that's a great idea, count me in if I can help at all.
If we can get an idea of how many people live where, we can do what has
been suggested before and get a timetable produced for meetings and
hopefully, plan so that most people will get a regular, local meeting.

I suggest that we stick with St. Austell for this one, as we can always
meet in Exeter next time.

David.

I agree.

- --