Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002

Neil Williams wrote:

WARNING: Unsanitized content follows.

On Saturday 23 Nov 2002 11:15 am, Rick Timmis wrote:

I would like and intro into MySQL, PHP, XML. I want to bring my Laptop
along and get Apache Setup along with MySQL, and PHP Modules. So I can

Distro? If you are using RH or Mandrake or Debian, that should be straightforward as the packages can make all the links between Apache and PHP and between PHP and MySQL. I won't cover the details of installation as part of the presentation, but I will bring a text that makes it clear and I'll be on hand to arrange a secure configuration of MySQL.

I'll have my laptop with a working Apache/MySQL/PHP config for comparison/testing.

Rick, I'll be bringing a machine along and if you wish, we could go through the installation and configuration of each with RPM.
Or we could do Apache2 + PHP installation and configuration from sources if you'd prefer...

David.

--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.