Re: [LUG] practical use of VNC, teleporting etc

I think that quoting bill as promoting a sales plug is a little harsh. Ylem are a great advocate of Open Source, of course they have a business to run and if another business is looking for commercial support then Ylem are a great company to deal with.

Bill & Sandra have attended LUG meetings in a voluntary capacity in the past and have hosted a LUG meeting providing food and drink FOC.

I am confident that Bill's input into this List is without obligation and The offer to go and see VNC in action is without strings and also FOC.

Bill as the MD of Ylem has over twenty years of experience in Unix and Database development, he's a HYBTK .

Handy Bloke To Know ;-)

Pete Hatton wrote:

Quoting Bill Wilson <bill@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi
Yes we use install and support VNC.
Biggest advantage is using thin clients costing less than £200 which are print servers as well. No floppy CD hard disk etc to go wrong.
If you want to come and see phone me on 01398 323146

</sales plug>

Probably been said before, grab VNC from http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ with all the support documentation you need. There is also Tight VNC which has a lot of extra's including compression, useful for low bandwidth links. http://www.tightvnc.com/

Pete Hatton