Re: [LUG] practical use of VNC, teleporting etc

I have a similar experience with Tightvnc. Did an intall of the latest version 3.3.5 onto an NT server today and use it to adminster it remotely with excellent results.

Currently Super Tramp run 35 Xvnc daemons on our IBM and it works really well. I also have a nice little script called axvnc ( written by Axel in France ) for RH 7.3 which will give and XDM Login on each session which is very handy. If anyone wants to try a copy let me know and I will mail it over.

Thanks Rick

Alex Stanley wrote:

Quoting Pete Hatton <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

There is also Tight VNC which has a lot of extra's including compression, useful for low bandwidth links. http://www.tightvnc.com/

Interestingly I've been having a lot of problems with TightVNC actually being slower to use/respond that VNC 'proper' on some NT servers I have to look after (gets shot down in a ball of flames).

So much so, in fact, that I'm considering reinstalling the original.

Wierd eh?

Alex.