Re: [LUG] South West LUG Meetings

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:55:57 +0000
Rick Timmis <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am up for Exeter but I don't know about any venues. What have you got
on the cards DJ ?

Probably depends on numbers and what people want to do- any guesses/bids/offers?

I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount towards attending if it involves hiring a room,
but if a raffle can do it then it costs the same and is a lot more fun. I'd
definitely prefer good cask ales (local breweries if possible), and within a mile or
two of St David's or Central- actually that's most of Exeter's pubs in the frame!

If this is to be a regular meeting then perhaps we might also discuss a revolving
venue calendar- say (head below ramparts) as far north as Barnstable, as far west as
Truro, as central as Exeter, Okehampton, Plymouth, Torbay or East Ogwell, and as far
east as- say- Uffculme. A reasonable use of major routes (road/rail) may make most
meetings accessible if we share vehicle transport/offer lifts from stations, etc..

It might be a good idea to identify where we all live, how we prefer to travel, and
how far we're prepared to travel.

Thoughts?

Terence