Re: [LUG] RH 8 impressions

On 09-Oct-2002 at 19:46:44 Kai Hendry wrote:
Installer, nice, but that info bunched up on the left hand side. Yuk.

Do you mean the help/info stuff? There's a 'hide' button for that I thought.

X configuration is perfect. Thank god. Got my monitor and my nvidia
card.

But wait, it doesn't use the "nvidia" driver, that sucks. A lot.

From the mailing list:

 The most recent NVIDIA source rpms, version 3123, released September 10,
 02, will build and install properly under 8.0.  They work quite well on the
 two systems I've installed them on; a GeForce 2 mx420 and a GeForce 4
 mx400, both with 64Mb video RAM.

From what I have read the RH8 nvidia drivers work fine and are stable. The
drivers from source are better for 3D work but are not so stable. Also try:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=530debbff28dfb85d9da1e455008
a6d5&threadid=2563

John.