[LUG] RH 8 impressions

After my X annoyingly died after an upgrade to 4.2, along with some
niggly problems with fonts and what have you in Debian, I decided to try
Red Hat 8.

Here are some comments:

Installer, nice, but that info bunched up on the left hand side. Yuk.

Installer can't resize my partitions, have to shell out and use parted.
No way a novice could do that.

Choosing packages was ok, although not nearly as many as Debian. Better
than tasksel I admit.

It installed Openoffice without my goddam permission! I HATE IT

X configuration is perfect. Thank god. Got my monitor and my nvidia
card.

But wait, it doesn't use the "nvidia" driver, that sucks. A lot.

Come to think of it the fonts look too anti-aliased. Like watching a tv
screen. No where near as clear as Win XP, OS X, or my debian
configuration. ;)

Mozilla misses Freetype support by default. WTF. That is crap.

Network configuration tool sucks. Doesn't apply my changes properly.

KDE and Gnome2 look the same. Odd.

Update icon. Urgh. Spyware? I will have none of that.

Their admin tools are graphical, but not as clear and useful as
dpkg-reconfigure blah blah

Screw that, I am going back to Debian! (And my KDE 3.1 Beta debs, with
tabbed Konq... sweeet)