Re: [LUG] Truetype fonts gone walkabout

In article <200210101347.18461.tone_pl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tony Atkin
<tone_pl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Start KDE control centre and select 'look and feel' - 'fonts' .  If
truetype fonts are not there but you know that the font server has them
available then select the 'Use Anti-Aliasing for fonts' option, apply
settings and restart the X server .  Go back to the same dialog and
truetype fonts might be there. I couldn't figure out much logic to the
process but it worked for me.

Hmm unfortunately it is already switched on!

This didn't mean an end to my font problems however. After I had set
everything up, on the next reboot all fonts seemed to display in a very
much larger size on the screen.

I don't know about that exactly but the fints that are there are behavin gi
some very strange ways sizewise.

I decided to get rid of the Xft font
server and let X handle truetype fonts itself.

Uh? Do you mean de-install it? I.e: rm Xft ?

Can't remember if this
solved many problems 'cos after that ran into problems with sound in
kde - think it might have been something I installed.

That'll be the next battle!