Re: [LUG] Apache - uploading files from windows 98

hi paul,

proftpd seems to be one of the best,

kev

psutton wrote:
I can now view files on my apache server with windows 98,  As I use 98 for
development of the
web pages is it possible to use ftp or something to upload the files to the
server,  for testing purposes,

To upload files to uklinux.net I use igloo ftp under Linux, this works
great,  I have a few clients under Windows which are shareware, even though
the magazine cd they come on say they are freeware,  which is real annoying
when you install then get nag screens. anyway, this should be possible.

I am guessing at the following

1. I need ftpd installed on the apache server
2 some sort of client, I use igloo ftp on Linux so it should be possible to
set this up to point at the web server.

I am not 100% sure on the correct way of doing things in terms of what to
use,  if possible I also need to be able to e-mal web server on the network
if there are any problems, so I guess I can also have internal e-mail
server,  at the same time,  send mail was running but hung on booting so I
removed it from the startup list while I sorted other stuff out,

Paul