Re: [LUG] RedHat 8.0 - USB cameras and MDK

Bill Noyce wrote:

Thanks David, I thought I'd better have a look and yepp, and under: Control Center -> Peripherals -> Digi Camera. It all was there. Worked a treat, KDE 3.0.3 - MDK 9.0

What was your problem with it?

try to check compatability list:
[junk]# gphoto2 --list-cameras

Laters, Bill.

When I click on the icon on the desktop, it is unable to understand the "camera://" and tries to search for the address instead of pointing to the camera...

The camera is supported, and works with gphoto2. It's KDE 3.0.2 on SuSE 8.0 - so quite possibly SuSE have broken it. Might try upgrading to KDE 3.0.3 and see if that helps.

Thanks,
David.

--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.