Re: [LUG] RedHat 8.0 - USB cameras and MDK

Mandrake 9.0 has reached RC3

It is looking Great. As all the program versions are the same between
distros, there is very little to choose from. So all I'd say is that
Mandrake does have some have a very tidy central config manager:
DrakConf. It is great at giving you a working system straight off the
CD/http/nfs server.

Mandrake has had a few problems in the past with making the mistake of
using gcc 2.96, but thankfully it is past that herdal, and now is on gcc
3.2 which you should have no problem with.

ALL that does wind me up, is that KDE 2.2 had usb camera support from
within konqueror, thanks to a gphoto2 library I think. But since KDE 3 I
haven't heard or seen anything about camera support. It was some thing
like you put camera://IXUS300@xxx/ in the URL bar. Well if anyone knows
more, share your wisdom. Thanks.

Bill