Re: [LUG] RedHat 8.0 - USB cameras and MDK

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 22:56, David Johnson wrote:
Bill Noyce wrote:

ALL that does wind me up, is that KDE 2.2 had usb camera support from
within konqueror, thanks to a gphoto2 library I think. But since KDE 3 I
haven't heard or seen anything about camera support. It was some thing
like you put camera://IXUS300@xxx/ in the URL bar. Well if anyone knows
more, share your wisdom. Thanks.

The same feature is there in KDE3, but in my experience, it doesn't
actually work :-(
When you configure your camera in KDE, it will put a shortcut on the
desktop to camera://whatever which seems to go absolutely nowhere....

Thanks David, I thought I'd better have a look and yepp, and under:
Control Center -> Peripherals -> Digi Camera. It all was there. Worked a
treat, KDE 3.0.3 - MDK 9.0

What was your problem with it?

try to check compatability list:
[junk]# gphoto2 --list-cameras