Re: [LUG] OT apache Q

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 08:10:48PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

If you switch to PHP / MySQL authorisation, it is possible to force a
refresh of authority by manipulating the HTTP header directly.

Erm, I'm not sure the switch is required. Since I can manipulte the
headers directly using perl. All I want to do is know which header to
manipulate.

However, if it is merely an application level change, then it's not
Basic Auth and probably has nothiung to do with the headers, other
than custom ones, which some servers may not support.

There's a bit on this in the current LinuxFormat.

Anyone got that kicking about?

It won't work alongside .htaccess authorisation, and you must set up
a customised MySQL database and connect to it via PHP.

It doesn't sound like an Apache authentication handler then, it sounds
like an appication level handler.

If it's Not all servers, particularly free ones, will have PHP let
alone MySQL.

Indeed. And not all programmers want to change from perl to PHP and
Postgres to MySQL. :)

Steve