Re: [LUG] Why I hate Linux ...

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:43:12 +0100
"paul" <psutton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't really hate Linux but I do get frustrated with it. I'm currently
at the stage of understanding with Linux that I was with Windows 8 or 9
years ago.

I've just got OpenOffice 1.0 (OO) from Linux Emporium, along with

<prob1>
I've installed OO under Windows and Linux. In Windows, all users can
access and run the program without problem. Under Linux & KDE, the user
that installed OO can access and run the program. Other users can access
it but can't run it.

You need to install OO as root, and with the "setup" command suffix set to -n. This
installs a network version into /opt.

Then, as a normal user install OO as a work station installation. this will install
your own OO directory in your home directory.

Repeat for other users as needed.

HTH

Terence