Re: [LUG] Using linux as a desktop OS

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 06:22:09PM +0100, Alex Charrett wrote:

I have the dubious habit of doing everything I can on a command
line, my X sessions tend to be lots of terminal windows and a
browser.  And I run Window Maker on my main pc and blackbox on my
laptop, nuff said really.

I'm a 3 to 6 terminals, emacs, browser and fvwm2 man myself :)

So, any comments on a users perspective I'd be very interested in.

My wife (not a computer person) uses KDE and gets on with it fine. She
is very happy.

I've just got a graphic designer mate of mine into Linux. He a "pointy
clickly" type user aswell. I'll let you know what he chooses.

Steve